Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pregnant My Poop Is Black

Rixe on Khao San Road

Friday night, I go out with friends to see a ska concert at Brick Bar, a box that is located behind a shopping center in the famous Khao San Road. For those who have already traveled this road is near a famous fast-food restaurant that I boycott and prefer not named (my friend likes to say we will eat shit clown " ).

The atmosphere is overheated, the dense crowd, the powerful music as it should and cigarette smoke everywhere. I appreciate that, but at some point I sneak away from the bar to take a deep breath of fresh air. On the sidewalk, few other friends drink a beer bought at Family Mart (the crooks sell the big bottles at 60 baht instead of 40 at night). Suddenly, a small concussion. I turn and see a Thai seated, obviously drunk, bringing his hand to his face. Beside him stands a security guard comes, it seems, to give Klitschko a kick. Why? No idea. Thailand's long hair stands up, looks at attention and in the race. It smells bad.

It moves away, continuing to drink, discuss, observe wildlife alcoholic Khao San Road. Suddenly, the Thais appeared together again a friend and ... a knife 30 centimeters long. Loss of face in a Thai is to seek trouble. There are cries of panic, anger, surprise, the crowd moves on all sides. In the tumult, I saw another Thai who comes out and points a revolver at I-don't-know who. A moment a second, I think it's the guard who will die of his stupidity, but no. The cops arrive (they have stores), handcuffed the two assailants. The security guard part in an ambulance with a leg cut.

Two shows in one evening.

Bangkok is not a violent city, at least not more than any other major city in the world, but violence is a universal reality. Thais are known to be Zen, "jai yen yen " (Heart quiet calm) as they say, but they are proud. Let them lose face and the dragon awakens in them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment