Monday, November 19, 2007

Only Indian Nacked Boobs

Our friends mosquitoes

I still remember my first days in Asia. I was in India and I spent a night in Indore, a dirty city and industrial midway between Mumbai and Pushkar, where I headed. My room was really shabby, but I was traveling budget and I was too tired to look for another place. As I left for India on a whim, I had not taken the time to buy drugs against malaria, the dreaded (at least, they like to scare us with it in travel guides).

the evening, so I begin to hear the mosquitoes flying in the darkness of my room. Paranoid. I back up my coverage under my eyes, it's hot, I think I'm in danger. I get up, light the light, trying to find those pesky mosquitoes and then to exterminate them sleep, but to no avail. Anyway the net in the chamber is broken. Well, I exaggerate a little, but it still took me some time to stop thinking about it. In the end, I stayed three months without any pill.

There's a little interesting article about it on the web (link below). I copy here for you.

http://www.kiwoui.com/Voyagez-en-toute-securite-protegez.html

Travel safely: protect yourself against malaria

One of the questions most frequently asked travelers who are traveling to tropical destinations in Asia is whether it is necessary to take drugs against malaria (malaria). The fact that there is no single answer to this question. The risk varies greatly depending on where you visit and what you do. For example, it would be prudent to take preventive treatment against malaria if you are planning a trek in northern Thailand near the Myanmar border, whereas these same measures will not be required to travel to a resort island Phuket as .

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), prevention against malaria is simple. Here is an outline of their prevention program:

• Know the risks of malaria encountered in the country, symptoms and incubation period.

• Avoid being bitten by mosquitoes, especially the early morning and dusk.

• Follow the prescription prophylactics.

• See a doctor immediately if you have a fever for a week or more in the country where you have traveled, it will diagnose and prescribe treatment.

How to prepare? Keep in mind the instructions of WHO mentioned above, the prevention of malaria is largely a matter of common sense. Other tips: •

How do his bag. Because malaria is transmitted by mosquitoes, it is easy to take measures to avoid mosquito bites. Wear long sleeves and long trousers at night and use mosquito repellent and mosquito nets.

• If you travel in a high risk area, prepare yourself properly. Note that in many areas at high risk of malaria has become resistant to drugs. Check with your doctor if you have the correct treatment.

• Talk openly with your doctor about the actual risks of contracting the disease while traveling. Remember that malaria can be costly, they have side effects can be very annoying and they are not 100% effective. It is therefore important to take regularly.

• Go on Internet forums to read accounts of other travelers who went to countries where malaria is prevalent.

Where can I find information? If you would like more information and list of countries affected by malaria and preventive measures, you can also visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment