Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Has Anyone Ever Used Credit Karma?

Learning Thai

When I arrived in Thailand for the first time I was not prepared. I was in Sri Lanka and I had to return to India to continue my journey along the west coast, but the night before my departure, I change my plans, call the airline and change my ticket Colombo-Trivandrum to Colombo-ticket Bangkok. The real voyage improvised what.

Normally, I study the country, learn rudimentary phrases to be polite to people, just before departure. I think once we arrived in Thailand, it took me at least a week to say correctly and quickly "hello" (sawatdii KRAB) and "thank you" (kob khun krap). Then we learn small phrases of everyday life over time: "how much it costs" (thaoray), "no thank you" (May August), "Shrimp fried rice (khao phad goung), etc.. But we reaches a threshold pretty quickly and then it stagnates.

For those who do not know the language, it must be said that the Thai language is a very simple level grammatical, but very difficult to pronounce correctly. In Thai, not masculine or feminine, no plural, no verb conjugation or declension. They talk a bit like those Indians that are cartoon "I love you." "I love your dog" is said to be "dog love you." For cons, the Thai is a tonal language with 5 (neutral, up, down, up and down). There are also long vowels and short vowels. We can say "my" 10 ways: ma, maa, ma, maa, ma, maa, etc.. (If I can afford to transliterate well). Of course, each of these pronunciations have different meanings.

Côté writes, Thai has 44 consonants and vowels and thirty of diphthongs. What a challenge! That said, I decided to learn to read and write Thai more seriously. I found an excellent site on the net (most free) that I share with you. Leave your comments!

http://www.learningthai.com/books/manee/introduction_01.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment