Thursday, January 13, 2011

How To Get Myammees Hairstyle

Invictus: I am the master of my fate



I just found this poem by writer William Ernest Henley in the number of Psychologies Magazine January. It is the favorite poem of Nelson Mandela which served as a "companion" during his years in prison on Robben Island in South Africa. He is particularly taken in the film Invictus of Clint Eastwood.


"In the darkness m'enserrent,
black as a pit where they drowned,
I thank the gods whatsoever
For my unconquerable soul, proud
in cruel circumstances,
I have neither moaned nor cried
Devastated by this existence, I'm standing
although wounded,
In this place of wrath and tears,
looming shadow death,
I do not know what fate holds for me, but
I am and I remain fearless
So narrow is the way
Many infamous punishment,
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment